Scholarships from the Feld Group Institute for
2 DFW*ATW Members
The Feld Group Institute (TFGI) is providing DFW*ATW members 2 scholarships, valued at $3000 each, for the Operationalizing Enterprise Architecture class, “Transforming in the Modern Era”, for August 20-22, 2019
As a key part of transformation in the Modern Era, companies must do more than prescribe and govern an Enterprise Architecture. We must also build it and operationalize it. We will delve into the changing nature of the enterprise architecture required to support accelerated modernization and change. Leaders in the class will learn – just as importantly – how to put in motion the required organization, funding, and operating structures that are necessary to operationalize Enterprise Architecture design and principles. Participants leave inspired and educated, accountable for actions/changes within their organizations.
Location: Arrowhead Ranch, 2220 Spring Hill Road, Aubrey, TX
Contact Information: (214) 930-2383, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates: August 20 – 22, 2019
Times: Tuesday – Wednesday - 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM; Thursday – 8:30 AM – 2 PM
The class is structured around a proven, end-to-end framework with real-world case studies to highlight key principles. Lectures, small group discussions and activities encourage classroom engagement and foster collaboration among participants. The class is taught by Charlie Feld and Affiliates, of The Feld Group Institute. The Affiliates represent IT line-leaders, as well as deeply experienced CIOs and CTOs.
Participants will learn to:
- Reframe the dialogue about enterprise architecture
- Convey that architecture outcomes are as critical as business outcomes
- Connect the dots between enterprise architecture and business strategy
- Operationalize enterprise architecture with the required people, funding, and processes
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The class is designed for Enterprise Architects, Leaders of Enterprise Architecture, Portfolio/Domain Architects, and Business Architects. While the acceptance into the class is selective, the Technology Leadership Development (TLD) program is not a pre-requisite for this class. The TFGI framework will be leveraged to ensure that a common language exists between the TLD program and this class.
HOW AND WHEN TO APPLY
You must be a DFW*ATW member. As the scholarship recipients will be based in the DFW metro area, the scholarship will ONLY cover class tuition (hotel and transportation not included). DFW*ATW will solicit applications to pick the best to candidates for the scholarships. A TFGI affiliate will help to review applications.
All applications are due by July 10, 2019. The 2 winners will be chosen by July 15, 2019. Winners will be notified by email. To apply, send an email with the below information to Neelu Sethi, email@example.com:
- What is your current job title? For what company do you work? Describe your current role in the company for which you work.
- Describe what do you do for DFW*ATW (volunteer for what committees/events).
- Describe why you should be granted this free class in detail.
Teaching Team: Charlie Feld heads up the group of Feld Group Affiliates, deeply experienced and expert IT operating professionals who have held CTO, CIO, and line leadership roles in major global corporations. Guest speakers will also be added to enhance the learning experience.
All meals provided: Breakfast served daily from 8:00 – 8:30am; lunch served from Noon -1pm; dinner provided on Tuesday, August 20 and Wednesday, August 21 from 5:30 – 6:30pm.
Recommended Hotels: For hotel accommodations, we recommend the following two hotels; each is located 30 minutes from the Ranch. We don’t have negotiated rates, so you can use your normal method of booking a hotel room.
- Homewood Suites: 3240 Parkwood Boulevard, Frisco, TX 75034
- Aloft Hotel: 3202 Parkwood Blvd, Frisco, TX 75034
Airport: If you will be flying into Dallas, both the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport (DFW) and Dallas Love Field (DAL) airports are located about 40 minutes to the recommended hotels.
Transportation: We will provide bus service to/from the recommended hotels and Arrowhead Ranch every day. We will also provide transportation from Arrowhead Ranch to your departure airport on Thursday, August 22 when we wrap up class at 2pm; we suggest that you book your departing flight after 4:30pm on Thursday, August 22. We ask that you secure your own transportation on Monday, August 19 from the airport to your hotel.
Tuesday, August 20 (8:30am – 5:30pm):
- Welcome: The Feld Group Institute Introduction & Participant Introductions
- Leadership, Zooming, and the Modern Era
- Feld Group Institute Transformation Framework
Wednesday, August 21 (8:30am – 5:30pm)
- Enterprise Architecture Taxonomy
- Enterprise Architecture Frameworks and Artifacts
- Multi-Dimensional View of IT
- Enterprise Architecture – Deep Dive by Layer: Capabilities, Portfolios, Applications, MicroServices, Enterprise Data as a Platform
Thursday, August 22 (8:30am – 2:00pm)
- Enablement Models Introduction
- Importance of the Organization Model to Enable Architecture Outcomes: Structure, Workforce, Culture, Leadership
- Funding the Architecture Foundation
- Putting the Enterprise Architecture in Motion
- Spotlight: Dev Ops, Agile, and Reuse – Achieving Breakaway Delivery Velocity
- Spotlight: Feld Group Institute Transformation Framework Mapping to SAFe
- Pulling it all Together: Keys to Operationalizing Enterprise Architecture